In the Used Book Annex you have a great place to bring your used books and earn store credit usable both upstairs and downstairs! Whether you are downsizing, in the middle of a move, or have kids' books that aren't being read by your college-age children, we are eager to take a look at what you've got!
You can find us downstairs from the main store at 157 Winslow Way East. Hours are 12pm to 5pm every day.
Please note that our policies have recently changed:
EFFECTIVE FEBRUARY 1
EAGLE HARBOR BOOK CO.
USED BOOK BUYING POLICY
BUYING HOURS. From the 1st to the 15th of each month, bring your books to the Used Books Annex any day we are open, between noon and 4:30 pm, and we will make you a prompt offer on what we can use. We accept ONE bag of books, per customer, per month.
OUR CRITERIA. The condition of the book is our most important consideration along with the status of our current inventory. Here are the books we are not interested in purchasing:
- Genre fiction (sci-fi, mystery, suspense, romance) in hardcover.
- Books with writing or highlighting, broken spines, missing dust jackets, stains, mildew, strong odors, etc.
- Magazines, DVDs, audio books
- Library books
- Most encyclopedias and textbooks
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Book of the Month Club books
- Dated time-sensitive books, such as travel guides or test-prep titles
PAYMENT. We will promptly choose the books we are interested in purchasing and inform you of the price we are willing to pay. Books are paid for in store credit, which is good both in the Annex and upstairs in the main store. You will also get 10% off any new or used books you buy on the day you bring books in for sale – just for bringing them in.
PLEASE NOTE: ANY BOOKS WE DO NOT BUY LEFT OVERNIGHT WILL BE RECYCLED