The Lonely Lake Monster (The Imaginary Veterinary #2) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the The Imaginary Veterinary series.
- #1: The Sasquatch Escape (The Imaginary Veterinary #1) (Paperback): $7.99
- #3: The Rain Dragon Rescue (The Imaginary Veterinary #3) (Paperback): please email (email@example.com) or call (206.842.5332) for price
- #4: The Order of the Unicorn (The Imaginary Veterinary #4) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #5: The Griffin's Riddle (The Imaginary Veterinary #5) (Hardcover): please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (206.842.5332) for price
- #6: The Fairy Swarm (The Imaginary Veterinary #6) (Paperback): please email (email@example.com) or call (206.842.5332) for price
Pearl Petal and Ben Silverstein can't wait for their first official day as apprentices of Dr. Woo, veterinarian for imaginary creatures. That is, until they are tasked with clipping the sasquatch's toenails. Gross!
Then Pearl spots a monster in the lake behind the hospital. Even though they were told not to leave the building for any reason, Pearl sets off for a closer look, with Ben trailing cautiously behind.
The outing goes awry when Ben is captured by the creature and held hostage on an island in the middle of the lake. It's up to Pearl to hatch a rescue mission. Will she save the day or cement her reputation as the town troublemaker? And will the hospital's secret patient be able to help?
Suzanne Selfors takes readers on an incredible adventure full of mythical creatures and astonishing discoveries that are anything but imaginary.
This book includes bonus writing, art, and science activities that will help readers discover more about the mythological creatures featured in The Lonely Lake Monster. These activities are designed for the home and the classroom. Enjoy doing them on your own or with friends!
About the Author
Suzanne Selfors is a national best selling author of the Ever After High School Stories series, the Imaginary Veterinary series, the Smells Like Dog series, and many other books. She's earned five Junior Library Guild Awards and a WA State Book Award. She's been a Kid's Indie Pick, a Scholastic Book Fair bestseller, and been included in Bank Street's 100th Edition of Best Children's Books, Smithsonian Magazine's Notable Children's Books, and Amazon's Best Children's Books.
She lives on an island in the Pacific Northwest where rain falls like music and horses are beloved.
Praise for the Imaginary Veterinary series:
* "From the first dragon sighting, readers will be thoroughly entertained with this hijinks-filled adventure story. Ben and Pearl are fun-seeking characters, while Santat's illustrations perfectly complement a story that mixes reality with the imaginary. Young readers will be anxious for future adventures in the Imaginary Veterinary series."—Library Media Connection, starred review
"An entertaining story that will pique readers' interest from the first dragon sighting...Santat's characteristically dynamic illustrations complement a story that will have readers eager for the next book in the Imaginary Veterinary series."—Publishers Weekly
"A solid, entertaining opener. Ben and Pearl are Everykids that readers will relate to, and the adults of Buttonville are often delightfully weird and clueless....More hijinks-filled adventure than mystery, this is sure to win an audience."—Kirkus Reviews
"Funny, touching, and sure to please, this title is full of charm. Kids will relate to Ben and his troubles, root for the amazing animals, and enjoy Santat's zany illustrations."—School Library Journal
"The story is imaginative, fast paced, and absorbing. Pages fly as readers race to find out how Pearl will get out of the tangle of mistakes she's made...A fun ride."—School Library Journal