Search for books
Frog Trouble: . . . and Eleven Other Pretty Serious Songs (Hardcover)
Sandra Boynton, who with her Philadelphia Chickens rescued parents and children from too many verses of “The Wheels on the Bus,” is back with another lively book/CD package that features musicians including Dwight Yoakam, Alison Krauss, and Ben Folds. She’s given us a country-western, sometimes bluegrass, sometimes honky-tonk romp through twelve wonderfully goofy songs such as “They Make Me Clean My Room,” and “I’ve Got a Dog” (with the Scotty Brothers playing the spoons in the background). She recommends it for ages “one through older than dirt,” and its accompanying CD is guaranteed to sound fresh even after you hear it forty-two times. Ages 1-9. ~ Ann— From Ann
Hang on to yer hat, Cowboy.
Yeeeee-hah Boynton goes Country with Frog Trouble, a terrific CD and illustrated songbook of her new and wildly original Country songs. And they're sung by a truly amazing roster of Country Music's biggest and brightest stars: Here's Brad Paisley with "Copycat," Dwight Yoakam singing "I've Got a Dog," Alison Krauss on "End of a Summer Storm," Ben Folds rocking "Broken Piano," Darius Rucker with "Beautiful Baby." The lonesome-cowboy title track is performed by the low-voiced moody rocker Mark Lanegan (yes, of Queens of the Stone Age.) Add Josh Turner, Fountains of Wayne, Ryan Adams, Linda Eder, and quickly rising Country star Kacey Musgraves--all accompanied by Nashville's finest instrumentalists--and WHOA. You've got yourself some mighty fine music, with a whole lot of gumption and heart.
A COUNTRY MUSIC ALBUM FOR KIDS AND EVERYONE
- Boynton-illustrated songbook with full-length music CD
- 12 new songs with a whole lot of gumption and heart
- Cowboy, Country, Rockabilly, Honkytonk, Bluegrass, Blues
- Retro sound with a TRULY AMAZING All-Star Artist roster
- Lyrics by Sandra Boynton
- Music written and produced by Sandra Boynton and Michael Ford
- Recorded in Nashville with renowned session musicians
- Boynton & Ford have written and produced three Gold Records
- Boynton has a Grammy Nomination for Philadelphia Chickens, which was also a #1 New York Times Bestseller