Search for books
The Knowledge: A Richard Jury Mystery (Richard Jury Mysteries #24) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 24 in the Richard Jury Mysteries series.
- #1: The Man with a Load of Mischief (Richard Jury Mystery #1) (Paperback): $7.99
- #11: Old Contemptibles (Richard Jury Mystery #11) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #12: Horse You Came In On (Richard Jury Mystery #12) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #14: The Case Has Altered: A Richard Jury Novel (Richard Jury Mystery #14) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #16: The Lamorna Wink (Richard Jury Mystery #16) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #18: The Grave Maurice (Richard Jury Mystery #18) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #19: The Winds of Change (Richard Jury Mystery #19) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #20: The Old Wine Shades (Richard Jury Mystery #20) (Paperback): $9.99
- #21: Dust: A Richard Jury Mystery (Paperback): $9.99
- #22: The Black Cat: A Richard Jury Mystery (Paperback): $9.99
- #23: Vertigo 42: A Richard Jury Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #25: The Old Success (Richard Jury Mysteries #25) (Hardcover): $26.00
Richard Jury, Melrose Plant and Grimes' usual cast of quirky characters team with Patty Haight and her fellow street kids to solve a double murder on the steps of a posh casino in London. Patty's a better detective than many from the Met, though she's not yet 10! She can insinuate herself anywhere, and carries a tote bag full of disguises. Filled with the requisite twists and turns that make Grimes' mysteries so very delightful, this could be her best story yet. You may not learn the location of The Knowledge, but you'll visit enough pubs to make the trip worthwhile!— From Susan
With their signature wit, sly plotting, and gloriously offbeat characters, Martha Grimes's New York Times bestselling Richard Jury mysteries are "utterly unlike anyone else's detective novels" (Washington Post). In the latest series outing, The Knowledge, the Scotland Yard detective nearly meets his match in a Baker Street Irregulars-like gang of kids and a homicide case that reaches into east Africa.
Robbie Parsons is one of London's finest, a black cab driver who knows every street, every theater, every landmark in the city by heart. In his backseat is a man with a gun in his hand--a man who brazenly committed a crime in front of the Artemis Club, a rarefied art gallery-cum-casino, then jumped in and ordered Parsons to drive. As the criminal eventually escapes to Nairobi, Detective Superintendent Richard Jury comes across the case in the Saturday paper.
Two days previously, Jury had met and instantly connected with one of the victims of the crime, a professor of astrophysics at Columbia and an expert gambler. Feeling personally affronted, Jury soon enlists Melrose Plant, Marshall Trueblood, and his whole gang of merry characters to contend with a case that takes unexpected turns into Tanzanian gem mines, a closed casino in Reno, Nevada, and a pub that only London's black cabbies, those who have "the knowledge," can find. The Knowledge is prime fare from "one of the most fascinating mystery writers today" (Houston Chronicle).
About the Author
Martha Grimes is the bestselling author of more than thirty books, twenty-four of them featuring Richard Jury. The recipient of the 2012 Mystery Writers of America's Grand Master Award, Grimes lives in Bethesda, Maryland.