The Internet can be a scary, dangerous place especially for children. This book shows parents how to help digital kids navigate this environment.
Sexting, cyberbullying, revenge porn, online predators...all of these potential threats can tempt parents to snatch the smartphone or tablet out of their children's hands. While avoidance might eliminate the dangers, that approach also means your child misses out on technology's many benefits and opportunities.
In Raising Humans in a Digital World, digital literacy educator Diana Graber shows how children must learn to handle the digital space through:
- developing social-emotional skills
- balancing virtual and real life
- building safe and healthy relationships
- avoiding cyberbullies and online predators
- protecting personal information
- identifying and avoiding fake news and questionable content
- becoming positive role models and leaders
Raising Humans in a Digital World is packed with at-home discussion topics and enjoyable activities that any busy family can slip into their daily routine.
Full of practical tips grounded in academic research and hands-on experience, today's parents finally have what they've been waiting for--a guide to raising digital kids who will become the positive and successful leaders our world desperately needs.