If you're a PHP developer looking for proven solutions to common problems, this cookbook provides code recipes to help you resolve a variety of coding issues. PHP is a remarkably easy language to work with, which explains why it powers more than 75% of the websites online today. It's also incredibly forgiving of programming mistakes, which can perpetuate reuse of questionable code.
By leveraging modern versions of PHP through version 8.2, author Eric Mann provides self-contained recipes that will enable you to solve the problems you face in your day-to-day work. You'll also find established patterns and examples that any developer can follow for addressing common problems with PHP. With these recipes, you'll quickly identify and resolve complicated issues without having to reinvent the wheel.
This practical guide will help you:
- Build efficient applications composed of functions and objects
- Explore the type system of modern PHP
- Understand key concepts such as encryption, error handling, debugging, and performance tuning
- Examine the PHP package/extension ecosystem
- Learn how to build basic web and command-line applications
- Work securely with files on a machine, both encrypted and in plain text