, Second Edition provides a fully updated new edition of the only equine-specific neurology book, with comprehensive, clinically oriented information.
- Offers a complete clinical reference to neurologic conditions in equine patients
- Takes a problem-based approach to present a clinically oriented perspective
- Presents new chapters on imaging the nervous system, neuronal physiology, sleep disorders, head shaking, differential diagnosis of muscle trembling and weakness, and cervical articular process joint disease
- Covers the basic principles of neurology, clinical topics such as the initial exam, differentials, and neuropathology, and specific conditions and disorders
- Includes access to a companion website offering video clips demonstrating presenting signs
Martin Furr, DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVIM, is Adelaide Riggs Chair of Internal Medicine, Chief of Medicine, and Professor of Medicine at the Marion duPont Scott Equine Medicine Center, Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Blacksburg, Virginia, USA.Stephen Reed, DVM, Diplomate ACVIM, is former Professor and Head of Equine Medicine and Surgery at the Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, USA and is currently affiliated with Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital, Lexington, Kentucky, USA.