Form a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit in your state
You've got a cause you care about--now you just need the legal status that will help your organization raise money to further that cause. Here, you'll find all the forms and information you need to create a tax-exempt nonprofit for your group.
Learn how to form a nonprofit corporation in any state and gain 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status with the IRS. We provide step-by-step instructions for both IRS Form 1023 and the streamlined Form 1023-EZ federal tax exemption application. This edition covers the new required online filing for the Form 1023.
With this book you can:
- choose a legal name
- prepare articles of incorporation
- create your bylaws
- obtain federal and state tax-exempt status
- prepare minutes for your organizational meeting
- establish a corporate records book, and
- handle postincorporation filings and tasks.
With Downloadable forms: Forms to help you form your nonprofit are included both in the book and online details inside.