The essential tax reference book for every nonprofit
Nonprofits enjoy privileges not available to other organizations. But these privileges come with obligations: Nonprofits must comply with special IRS rules and regulations to maintain their tax-exempt status.
Practical, comprehensive, and easy to understand, Every Nonprofit's Tax Guide explains ongoing and annual IRS compliance requirements for nonprofits, including:
- a detailed explanation of Form 990
- requirements for filing Form 990-EZ electronically
- conflicts of interest and compensation rules
- charitable giving rules
- unrelated taxable business income rules
- lobbying and political activity restrictions, and
- nonprofit bookkeeping.
Whether you are just starting your nonprofit or are well established, you'll find all the information you need to avoid the most common issues nonprofits run into with the IRS.
With Downloadable Forms
Find policy documents and forms, including a sample conflict of interest policy, rebuttable presumption checklist, and expense report form inside the book.