The all-in-one legal and tax resource every independent contractor and gig worker needs
Whether you're starting a full-scale consulting business or booking gigs on the side, Working for Yourself
provides all the legal and tax information you need in one place. This twelfth edition has been thoroughly updated to reflect changes and updates to relevant laws, including laws revised as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. This excellent, well-organized reference will show you how to:
- decide the best form for your business (sole proprietor, LLC, or other)
- make sure you're paid in full and on time
- pay estimated taxes and avoid trouble with the IRS
- take advantage of all available tax deductions and credits, including the 20% pass-through tax deduction
- choose health, property, and other kinds of insurance
- keep accurate records in case you get audited, and
- write legally binding contracts and letter agreements.
If you're tired of doing endless web searches for the information you need to start and run your business, this easy-to-use and authoritative resource is for you. With Downloadable Forms
You can download all the forms you need, including sample independent contractor agreements, details inside.