The Accidental Business Nomad: A Survival Guide for Working Across a Shrinking Planet (Hardcover)
Bronze Award Winner in International Business/Globalization-Axiom Business Book Awards 2021
"This is the Indiana Jones of international business." - Csaba Toth
An unvarnished, story-driven, practical guide to working across cultures. The book features real stories of companies going global and highlights the realities of doing business overseas in a post-globalization world. Each story gives fascinating insights and lessons into the cultural realities and unexpected surprises of modern globalization.
The Accidental Business Nomad is for anyone working in a more global environment and who is looking to gain critical insights and communications skills needed for a shrinking world.
As Managing Director of TSL Marketing's Leadership Nomad group, Kyle Hegarty has deciphered the culture code of doing business in Asia and the fastest growing markets. Hegarty reports on his triumphs and failures, including tales where unexpected lessons abound. The result is a no-holds-barred, gritty, and unvarnished guide to doing business across cultures.
Readers will learn:
- Why up to 70 percent of international ventures fail due to cultural issues, and how to avoid becoming a casualty
- How to navigate the invisible language of cultural misunderstandings
- Cross-cultural communications skills everyone in business needs to know
- The art and science of personality profiling and quick short-cuts to understanding people
- What outsourced call centers can teach us about the future of global communication
- How to find inspiration and innovation in the most unlikely of places
About the Author
Kyle D. Hegarty, originally from Boston, lives and works in Singapore where he is the Managing Director of TSL Marketing, a global consulting firm that helps businesses grow their sales and marketing capabilities across new markets. At TSL ,Kyle runs the Cross-Cultural Leadership Division where he helps clients such as: Salesforce, Google, Lufthansa, INSEAD, Thomson Reuters, and Microsoft wrestle with global growth challenges. He is a frequent speaker and trainer around the world. MSNBC, CNN, The Straits Times, Singapore Business Review, Fortune Magazine, and other online publications have featured his work.