Search for books
Murder in the Marais (An Aimée Leduc Investigation #1) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the An Aimée Leduc Investigation series.
- #13: Murder Below Montparnasse (An Aimée Leduc Investigation #13) (Hardcover): $25.95
- #14: Murder in Pigalle (An Aimée Leduc Investigation #14) (Paperback): $15.95
- #15: Murder on the Champ de Mars (An Aimée Leduc Investigation #15) (Paperback): $16.95
- #16: Murder on the Quai (An Aimée Leduc Investigation #16) (Paperback): $15.95
- #17: Murder in Saint-Germain (An Aimée Leduc Investigation #17) (Paperback): $15.95
- #18: Murder on the Left Bank (An Aimée Leduc Investigation #18) (Paperback): $16.95
- #19: Murder in Bel-Air (An Aimée Leduc Investigation #19) (Hardcover): $27.95
Meet Aimée Leduc, the smart, stylish Parisian private investigator, in her bestselling first investigation
Aimée Leduc has always sworn she would stick to tech investigation—no criminal cases for her. Especially since her father, the late police detective, was killed in the line of duty. But when an elderly Jewish man approaches Aimée with a top-secret decoding job on behalf of a woman in his synagogue, Aimée unwittingly takes on more than she is expecting. She drops off her findings at her client’s house in the Marais, Paris’s historic Jewish quarter, and finds the woman strangled, a swastika carved on her forehead. With the help of her partner, René, Aimée sets out to solve this horrendous murder, but finds herself in an increasingly dangerous web of ancient secrets and buried war crimes.
About the Author
Cara Black is the author of sixteen book in the New York Times bestselling Aimée Leduc series, all of which are available from Soho Crime. She lives in San Francisco with her husband and son and visits Paris frequently.
Praise for the Aimée Leduc series
"Forever young, forever stylish, forever in love with Paris—forever Aimée."
—New York Times Book Review
"A tightly spun web worthy of a classic spy thriller . . . Leduc's City of Light is a stylish, dangerous place."
—Washington Post Book World
"No contemporary writer of noir mysteries evokes the spirit of Paris more than Cara Black in her atmospheric series starring P.I. Aimée Leduc . . . The fearless, risk-taking Aimée is constantly running, hiding, fighting and risking her life—all while dressed in vintage Chanel and Dior and Louboutin heels."
"The charm of this series comes from the character and a vividly rendered setting. Aimée rides her pink scooter through the streets of Paris, roller skates through the Louvre after closing time, and tears through dark tunnels under the Palais Royal wearing peep-toe shoes or vintage Valentino boots, her eyes ringed with kohl, trying to figure out who is out to get her . . . Zut alors! It's quite a ride."
—The Boston Globe
"Stylish and sexy."