Prepare your home and family for any catastrophe and know what to do when disaster strikes with When the Grid Fails.
Guide your family through life-threatening situations when they hit home with this survival guide. Learn techniques and strategies for fortifying your home against any crisis. From a downed power line to staying safe during a hurricane or being trapped in your home in a snowstorm, this book is an indispensable manual of lifesaving strategies and self-sufficient living. With the right tools and information, you can survive life’s most unpredictable circumstances. In this guide, survival expert Ky Furneaux establishes easy action steps so your family has a step-by-step plan when things go haywire. Whether it’s environmental disaster, social upheaval, civil unrest, war, or an economic breakdown, with this guide you can confidently navigate any crisis. Furneaux outlines practical preparations and smart responses to all kinds of survival situations, and covers a wide array of topics, including:
- How to find and sterilize water.
- How to keep warm if the heating cuts out, and staying cool in heat waves without A.C.
- How to safely store food and water for weeks and months on end.
- First-aid instructions and treating injuries in an emergency, and what to do when conventional medical supplies, facilities, or professionals are unavailable.
- Developing crisis-management skills.
- Setting up a renewable energy system for your home, as well as installing back-up power and lights.
- How to find shelter.
- Alternative cooking techniques when conventional methods are unavailable due to disaster or prolonged power outage.
- How to grow and preserve food.
- How to prepare for a fire, hurricane, tornado, flood, or earthquake, and what to do when they come to your home.
- How to protect against attack.
- Alternative sanitation methods.
Be self-reliant and give yourself peace of mind with the tools you need to survive even in long emergencies. Take the initiative with When the Grid Fails and be prepared for any urban crisis.
KY FURNEAUX’s determination to defy the impossible has fueled a remarkable career as a survivalist, stuntwoman, TV host, and motivational speaker. She has been a stunt double for Sharon Stone, Jennifer Garner, and Jaimie Alexander; Furneaux also produced and documented an extraordinary 100-mile hike across the Sierra Nevada mountain range, featured in three episodes of Discovery’s Naked and Afraid, and was the only female in season two of Discovery’s Ed Stafford: First Man Out, braving a 12,000-foot mountain climb and -22°F temperatures. Although she’s conquered grueling terrain in over 65 countries, Furneaux is passionate about her country, and she shared the beauty of the Australian bush in her Discovery and 7Mate series Outback Lockdown. She’s a wilderness warrior in the tradition of the late, great Steve Irwin and in her own words a “true survival nerd.”