Used Books Policy
In the Used Book Nook, you have a great place to bring your used books and earn store credit! Whether you are downsizing, in the middle of a move, or have kids' books that aren't being read by your college-age children, we are eager to see what you've got!
Shoppers for used books will find them integrated with the new books throughout the store. Used books can be identified by a green spot on the spine and by the pricing label on the back. They all look new or nearly new and are 50%, or less, than the price of the same new book.
EAGLE HARBOR BOOK CO.
USED BOOK BUYING POLICY
BUYING HOURS AND RULES
Tuesday through Sunday: 11 am – 4 pm (closed Monday)
Due to the busy holiday season, we suspend buying used books during December.
- We will only accept one bag for consideration per day.
- All bags brought in must be picked up by end of the stores' business hours (6pm).
- Do not leave bags unattended on the Used Book desk, any bag left will be automatically donated and no credit will be issued.
PROCESSING TIME AND PAYMENT
Our sorting process takes between 20-30 minutes, after which you can claim your credit and pick up the books we did not purchase. Any books left overnight will not be processed for payment and will be recycled. We will promptly choose the books we are interested in purchasing and inform you of the price we are willing to pay. Sellers will receive in store credit for the books we purchase. You will also get 10% off any new or used books you buy on the day you bring books in for sale – just for bringing them in.
We only purchase very high quality used books; and even then, we may be unable to purchase books if they are ones we do not then need. Here are the categories of books we are not interested in buying:
- HARDCOVER GENRE fiction like sci-fi, mystery, suspense, romance, etc. Paperback genre fiction is welcome.
- Magazines, DVDs, audio books
- Library books
- Encyclopedias and textbooks
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Book of the Month Club books
- Dated time-sensitive books, such as travel guides, computer and technology books, test-prep titles, and health and psychology titles.